Sarah and I were in a wedding this past weekend in Covington, KY. Sarah was a bridesmaid and I was an usher. Covington is right across the river from Cincinnati and overall is an interesting place. When I think of Kentucky I think of rednecks and horse racing but I really didn't see either of those things in Covington. Half of the town is made up of old houses and buildings which line confusing one-way streets. Covington is one of the most confusing towns I have ever been to drive in, right up there with Pittsburgh. The styles of the homes and buildings and overall look of the town reminded me of Erie. Being that it is such an old town, the church where the wedding was held was quite old and quite ornate, one of the few minor basilicas in the country. It was a very pretty church. If you head to the far north of Covington, right on the Ohio river, you will be met with high rise apartment and hotel buildings mixed in with trendy restaurants night spots. It's really a happening place.
Anyway, overall Sarah and I had a good time. I'd like to thank the bride and groom for involving us in their wedding weekend and wish them the best. I'd also like to thank Sarah's aunt "Auntie 502" for bringing me her stool sample, pictured below. I am always interested in GI health, even if its on a Friday night at the Claddagh restaurant in Covington, KY.

Speaking of health, all of the pink on the NFL sidelines yesterday reminded me that October is
breast cancer awareness month. Despite what the US Preventative Task Force says, I, as a physician, encourage monthly self breast exams. Breast cancer is probably my least favorite disease. Not only does it attack one of my favorite parts of the body, it takes lives too.

I started my night call experience last night. So far I am not enjoying the awkward schedule but I will post more later in the month once I have a better feel about how it is going.
No comments:
Post a Comment