
Despite the numerous complaints that I voiced when Gran Turismo 5 was first released, I have still spent quite a bit of time playing the game. I have pretty much abandoned the actual racing. I am to a point where it takes way too much money and experience points to advance to make it worth the effort in my opinion. Instead of racing, when I play the game I do what I think the game does best - I race cars various cars on different tracks in an effort to see which car is the fastest. I've come up with a little challenge: Find and modify any car available in an effort to see which car is the fastest.
In order to do this, I have picked 7 world famous tracks as the testing grounds to see which car is the fastest. The tracks include Laguna Seca (pictured above, with it's famous corkscrew turn), Monza in Italy, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (obviously a hometown favorite and one of the most famous race tracks in the world), Daytona International Speedway (probably the most famous stock car track in the world), Suzuka in Japan, Nurburgring GP Circuit, and Circuit de la Sarthe, home of the 24 Hours of Le Mans in France. Of note, Circuit de la Sarthe is famous for it's 3+ mile straight where cars can reach in excess of 250 miles per hour (see video below).



Each car raced a maximum of 4 laps at each track and the best lap time of those 4 was saved. After driving all of the cars on all of the tracks, scores were given for each track based on which position their time fell finished (similar to the points system in F1). After everything was finished and totaled, there was one car that was the clear winner, which will be announced later in the week.
On a side note, I know this all isn't exactly exciting or newsworthy. Truthfully, there isn't much going on but work and this gives me a chance to talk about some cool cars. Plus this game really is good at simulating how different cars drive and handle.
No comments:
Post a Comment