
Angry Birds
System: PS3, multiple platforms
Release Year: 2009
IGN Score: 8
It seems like everywhere you go people are talking about Angry Birds or playing it on their iPhones. This, in addition to the fact that they mention it on Attack of the Show a lot, got me interested to check out the game to see what everyone was talking about. I don't own a newer cell phone that can handle the game but fortunately for just a few bucks you can download it from the Playstation store and play it on the PS3.
Angry Birds is a game where you launch birds from a sling shot in order to kill pigs on the other side of the yard. That is it. There is nothing more to this game. And yet it is one of the funnest games I've played in quite some time. The pigs are surrounded by various structures made of wood and stone, and sometimes they wear helmets to protect them. You launch different types of birds. Some of them just fly kamikaze style into the structures, others have speed bursts, others explode, etc. So after you advance far enough and get access to different birds you really have to use strategy in order to figure out how to destroy the protecting structures to get to the pigs. The sound effects are minimal but amusing and add to the overall appeal of the game.
The game is so goofy and simple it is good. I know reading this description makes the game sound dumb and truthfully it is a dumb game. Because of this I chose to pay no attention to the game for a long time. After I continually heard people talking about it I finally decided to check it out and I am glad I did. It is really a fun and addictive game, especially once you get to levels with different birds that requires some strategy. It is an easy game to just pick up and play for a few minutes too. And at just a few dollars the price is right. I'd suggest Angry Birds. It's a lot of fun.
Chris introduced Dixon and Josh to the game last Thanksgiving. They were hooked!
ReplyDeleteI can imagine Uncle Dixon taking the strategy way too far, being an engineer, lol!!
ReplyDelete@Auntie502: It's funny because to explain the game it sounds increadibly stupid but once you start playing it the game really becomes quite addictive. You just want to kill those damn little pigs!
ReplyDeleteZach and I beat the Android version on his phone a few weeks ago. (Yes, I borrowed my 13 year old's phone to play Angry Birds...)
ReplyDelete@Katie: I heard that. That is pretty impressive. I think I could probably beat it too, just takes time and a little bit of luck. It really is a fun game for just a few bucks.
ReplyDelete