Thursday, August 4, 2011

St. Elmo Steakhouse





St. Elmo Steakhouse
Location: Downtown Indy
Price: $$$$
Rating: 4.5 Cheeseburgers


If there is a place to see or be seen in Indianapolis it is the St. Elmo Steakhouse downtown. Anytime there is a big event or celebrity in town they go to this restaurant. The last time I was there I saw Paul Sr. from Orange County Choppers. Anytime there is a ranking for best steak restaurants in the city this place finishes first. This is a top tier steak place, just like the other ones I've reviewed (Morton's, Sullivan's, etc.). What makes this place different is that it is unique to Indianapolis. Indy is the only location, and much like a neighborhood Applebees, the walls are littered with pictures of local places and people who have eaten there. I think this is what I like about this place the most. It is unique to us and you kind of feel at home when you're there. And despite the price range, it isn't too stuffy. You probably should wear something other than a t-shirt, but it is loud and overall an inviting atmosphere.

Otherwise this place is just like the other places I've mentioned. The service is good, the steak is cooked just right, and the price tag is expensive. Luckily when I was there last a few weeks ago someone else picked up the tab. They are famous for their shrimp cocktail appetizer so I'd suggest getting that if you go. It has jumbo shrimp with make-you-cry/open-up-your-sinuses horseradish sauce. I can't decide if I like it or not. When I am actually eating it I think to myself "I'm not sure if I like this or not" but then when I'm finished chewing I always grab another one so I guess that means I like it. It's a neat place that is both unique and good. I'd suggest checking it out if you're in downtown Indy and looking for a great dinner. Expect to pay a minimum of $60 per person.

No comments:

Post a Comment