Monday, December 26, 2011

Two Day Shipping

I absolutely loathe shopping. If I know exactly what I want and where to get it I don't mind it too much. However, if I'm not sure what I want or if there is a possibility that I might have to go to multiple stores then I'd rather go to the dentist than spend my afternoon store hopping. With that being said, I bought almost all of Sarah's Christmas gifts on-line this year.

I'm a big fan of on-line shopping. I buy almost everything on the Internet, with the exception of some clothes. Keep in mind that I live within 15 minutes of a couple of malls and plenty of shops. I just hate fighting the crowds and traffic so bad that I still shop on-line mostly. I usually shop at Amazon. Obviously it's a well known store and they have almost anything you can think of. Sarah and I are Amazon Prime members, which means we get two day shipping on all orders, among other things.

I ordered Sarah's gifts on December 14, a full 10 days before Christmas. I got the two day shipping on all of the items except one that was being sold through a third party store on Amazon's site. That item got 3-5 day shipping. My Amazon orders trickled in one at a time, all past the two day shipping guarantee, the last one coming in on December 23rd. I was pretty nervous about them not coming in before Christmas, I'm not going to lie. The item from the third party store still hasn't come in, despite the fact that it was supposed to come in between December 16th and 19th. I could've got all of these items in local stores but again I try to avoid doing this at all costs. The lesson here is that in the future I'm either going to have to order on-line earlier or suck it up and go to the stores. What kind of irritates me is that none of the items I ordered were out of order or on back order. They all said ready to ship. My opinion is that if there is a possibility that these items won't ship in the time frame listed on the site, they should say somewhere that there is a possibility that the items will ship late. But that wasn't posted anywhere.

Despite the shipping mess-up, overall I had a really good Christmas (Sarah wasn't too upset.). It was nice to get down to Loogootee and see family. We're back in Indy now enjoying a day of R&R before we start back into the grind tomorrow. I hope everyone out there had a nice Christmas as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment