As a follow up post, we've had a couple of friends/family with home project experience as well as a contractor look at our bathroom. Turns out water was somehow leaking around the tile of our shower and into the area under the tile between the tub and shower. We now have three small brown spots on our kitchen ceiling and one small hole (that was cut on purpose to try to assess the situation from below). We're now concerned about structural damage underneath the tub and shower and basically we've been told the shower/tub are is probably going to need to be completely remodeled. Absolutely fantastic is what I say to that. We got a recommendation from one of my co-workers for a contractor/construction guy we are going to be calling to get an estimate on how much it is going to cost to fix this mess.
Now that fall is turning into winter I thought I was finished with the yard. I've mowed it for the last time. I've applied fertilizer and herbicide. I thought I was good. Turns out I was wrong as now I have to take care of the dreaded leaf situation. I partially blame Sarah as she is the one who wanted a neighborhood with "mature trees." Just kidding.
Raking leaves is possibly the dumbest thing I've ever done. Within 12 hours of cleaning up the leaves around my yard last weekend the yard was completely covered again with more leaves. The neighbors across the street have woods behind their house and they are able to dump their leaves in the woods. I have no such situation. Instead, I have to put my leaves into bags, and it turns out leaves take up a lot of bags. Then we have to pay the trash service $15 to come pick them up. I am looking at the trees in my yard and most of the leaves have already fallen off so I am thinking this might be the last weekend I have to deal with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment