Friday, March 28, 2014
What Time Is It?
I have this Citizen watch that is incredibly complicated. It runs on solar power. It has a perpetual calendar. It connects to an atomic clock via radio waves every night to make sure it is displaying the most accurate time. At any rate the other day the watch quit working, as if the battery died (it doesn't have a battery, however). I let it sit in sunlight for a few hours and it started to tick again, albeit at a pace slower than every second (more like every other second). I couldn't figure out how to get it to set the correct time so I had to get online and download the instruction manual. An instruction manual to set a watch...how ridiculous. Even after reading the manual I can't get it to set the right time. Apparently after it loses complete power it needs to be rebooted to reset and show the correct time and date. As I was going through this process the watch quit ticking again and so far I can't get it to start again. Who knew something as seemingly simple and common as a watch would be so complex?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment