Sunday, May 4, 2014

Welcome Back To The Jungle

Over the past 3-4 weeks I've placed spring fertilizer on my yard and sprayed it with a selective herbicide to try to get rid of the weeds that were starting to take over the west side of my lawn.  Add to this warming temperatures plus a couple of good rain showers and I'd say there has been a noticeable improvement in the quality of my lawn recently.  My herbicide spray did miss some weeds so I think I'm going to go back and spot treat any remaining weeds that I can see.  Sarah bought me a Scott's book on how to have a nice lawn and I've read some of it and it suggests putting additional fertilizer on in the early summer so I'll probably do that in a few weeks.  I've put minimal work into it and I can already see improvement which makes me feel quite a lot better about the situation.  Plus I'm going to put a fall spray on the yard per Scott's steps program and am planning on putting down seed in the fall over some of the brown areas as well so I have a plan on what I'm doing, which makes me feel better about things as well.  Now if we can just get the mulch people to come we'll be set.

No comments:

Post a Comment