Thursday, July 14, 2016
The Mini NES
Nintendo is releasing this mini version of the NES this fall. Not only does the new release look like a scaled version of their classic 1980s console, it comes pre-loaded with 30 classic NES games! I am super excited about this. For a variety of reasons I rarely play games anymore. Probably the biggest reason is that today's games are too complex to just sit down and play and enjoy. Their learning curve is too steep and requires too much effort to really get into the game. I think this is one of the things that make classic games so appealing to me. For the most part, they can be picked up and played with minimal effort. Of course, the biggest appeal is the nostalgia. The price for this device is $60, which I think is right. I'm almost for sure going to pick one up. It comes with HDMI output, so I am hoping the games look at least decent on a modern TV. Anyone who has tried playing any console prior to the PS2 knows that older consoles generally look pretty bad on modern TVs. At any rate, what a cool idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment