A couple of weeks ago I noticed I wasn't getting any sound out of my right computer speaker. I had been using these computer speakers for over 10 years and loved them. They sounded good and had a cool and unique design.
Apparently JBL no longer makes the creature speakers but I was able to find a seller on Amazon selling a brand new pair for $99. For some reason, though, I didn't buy them right away and I am glad I didn't because I kind of made out like a bandit in this situation. I met BoilerPip for dinner a few days later. I had sent him a message about the speaker dying and he happened to have a set of silver creatures that he hadn't used in years and gave them to me. Prior to this meeting, however, I had initiated a conversation with my office manager regarding a set up Klipsch ProMedia computer speakers. Her husband is a sound engineer at Klipsch and I asked if maybe he could get me a discount on the speakers. Turns out, he had an open box version of the speakers that he couldn't sell and so he just gave them to me. They retail between $150-$200, and while they aren't as cool looking as the creatures, they sound fantastic.
I'm now taking my "new" creatures to work to use on my computer there. Additionally, and this is totally unrelated to speakers, I got a new pair of Saucony shoes for free as well from my neighbor. He works at a running shoe store and apparently this pair had a "defect." They seem fine to me.
The older I get, the more I enjoy these three day weekends like Labor day. It's an extended weekend and a day off work without the stress of holidays like Christmas. Plus the extra day off on Monday should make the next work week short as well. While not the official end of summer, Labor day certainly means autumn is around the corner, which is one of my favorite times of the year. Football and fleece jackets - I love it.


No comments:
Post a Comment