Tuesday, March 14, 2017

3 Months Summary

We're already one-third of the way finished with 2017 and I'm just now getting around to my first post of the year.  Obviously the future of this site is in jeopardy.  Regardless, below is my summary of 2017 thus far, in no particular order.


  • Breath of the Wild, the first Zelda game in years, was released to critical acclaim.  Although I was disappointed with the last game which also got great reviews, this game looks revolutionary for the series and I would love to play it.  Trouble is, the new Switch system looks like a bit of a mess and otherwise I don't have much use for it.  My plan is to keep an eye out for a good used Wii U discounted or wait long enough for the price to come down.  This also allows me to replay Twilight Princess in HD and Wind Waker HD, a game I've never played before.  In the meantime, I'm enjoying Uncharted 4 on the PS4.
  • Spring is quickly approaching.  As previously discussed, as a home owner I have a love-hate relationship with spring.  Warmer weather, the approach of May, and baseball are all positives.  New home projects are a negative.  However, this year we have some exciting projects (translation: $$$) lined up, including a landscape transformation and a new patio.  Should be good stuff.
  •  Kate Upton was on the cover of the SI Issue again, which I thought was a bit lazy.  On a positive note, Playboy re-introduced the nude playmate, which ends a situation that was confusing to begin with.  Additionally, we saw Ariana Grande in concert which was cool.
  • I bought a humidifier for my home.  It does shoot out mist but otherwise I can't tell that it really does much else.  Alas my hands and floors continue to suffer.
  • 2017 has been the warmest Indiana winter I can remember.
  • Work continues to be a mixture of good days and bad days, though mostly good.  Same is true with the peanuts.  Nothing too new to add on this front.
There you have it - the first quarter of 2017, summed up in 6 quick bullet points.  I'm sure there have been other news stories to discuss.  These were just the first few to pop into my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment