Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Informative Commute

I spend over an hour per day in the car.  I used to listen to MP3s from a flash drive on my commute.  This has become less useful as time has passed partly due to the inconvenience of keeping the flash drive up to date, and mostly due to the fact that I don't listen to MP3 files anymore.  Everything is streaming.  In the past few years I've listened to a lot of radio.  I like the radio because it's an opportunity to hear new music and get some news.  The commercials are insufferable, however.

A book was recently recommended to me to read for work and I decided to listen to it in audiobook format instead of reading the book.  I have limited time in the evenings like most and thought listening to the book would be a good use of otherwise wasted time in the car.  This is the first time I've listened to a book and I think it went mostly well.  There were times where I would be distracted beyond listening while driving and other times where it would be nice to have some visuals, but generally speaking I think listening to the audio version of the book went well.  I plan on taking advantage of this format in the future to increase my productivity while driving.

My next audio adventure for the commute to work is podcasts.  While there are a handful of podcasts I think I'd be interested in, I was never sure when I would take the time to listen to them.  The work commute is the perfect time to listen to them I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment