When my former computer crashed, I started using my MacBook Air as my main computer. When I bought the computer I wasn't playing games much and the small laptop was never purchased with the intention of being my main computer. With that being said, it served its purpose well substituting for my fallen desktop. Last year I bought an iMac to replace my MacBook Air as my main computer because the laptop was running out of hard drive space. I am much more into gaming now than I was when I bout the MacBook, so I bought the iMac with gaming in mind. In fact, I just about bought a Windows PC (this one, in fact) because of gaming. However, I like MacOS and am heavily invested in Apple hardware throughout my house, so I went with the iMac. Plus I love its huge 5K screen.
This has been my first experience with Steam. While I still prefer to play games on consoles, certain strategy based games still have value to me on a computer because I prefer the mouse & keyboard interaction over a controller. Unfortunately, SimCity and Cities: Skylines are both 32-bit and thus won't run on MacOS. Hopefully this changes. In the meantime, I decided to start playing Tropico 6. More on that game in an upcoming post. Steam has been a great experience. Great games at great prices, and it keeps stats on your games and allows you to connect with other gamers and friends. It's like having a whole new console to play. I plan on playing future computer games through Steam, as long as they're available through the platform.

No comments:
Post a Comment