Saturday, March 14, 2020

Covid-19

Shockingly, Sinclair media and Youtube TV came to an agreement for the Fox regional sports networks.  I didn't think there was anyway that would happen considering previous deals with seemingly all other tv providers had not been renewed.  A few channels on the coasts were left out, but luckily I live in the middle of the country so we should continue to get the Pacers as well as Fox Sports Midwest.

This past week the Covid-19 virus released havoc on our society, altering work schedules and school schedules, as well as sports schedules.  With essentially all sports either delayed or cancelled, for the moment there is absolutely no benefit of having the regional sports networks.  I bring all of this up because with sports disappearing for the time being, it is amazing how open my evening and weekend schedules have become.  Sports play a central role in my personal schedule, and the absence of events leaves a huge void in my evenings.    I am going to try to take the opportunity to catch up on some TV I've been hoarding on the DVR or maybe pick up video games again.  While this is an opportunity to watch TV, like everyone else, I am looking forward to the virus slowing down and returning to normalcy.  I've never experienced anything quite like this before.

No comments:

Post a Comment