Thursday, April 23, 2020

Mythic Quest


When we decided to switch from satellite to streaming, we had to pick which hardware platform to use.  We almost did went with Roku.  However, after reading a few articles detailing how Roku was essentially an advertisement company, I got a little nervous.  I already had a few Firesticks but they were slow and underpowered for serving as a main TV option.  Plus I hate the home screen layout that the Firestick uses.  We decided to go with Apple TV, which is a bit pricier, but a nice product.  It helped that we are already heavily invested in Apple hardware infrastructure in our house so it seemed to make sense.  With that purchase came a free year of Apple TV+.  I generally don't have much use for Apple TV+, but there was one show that caught my attention: Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet.

My interest in the show is mostly because of Rob McElhenney.  But also because of Charlie Day, who was one of the show's creators.  And Rickety Cricket.  OK, I love It's Always Sunny.  So their involvement interested me immensely.  The fact that the show was about video games interested me as well.  They pretty much hit all the nails on the head.

The show is good.  It got a 7.5/10 on IMDB which I agree with.  It has its enjoyable moments, not hugely memorable, but fun and enjoyable.  If I still have Apple TV+ when season 2 comes out, I'll watch.  Honestly, watching this YouTube clip of Rickety Cricket makes writing this whole article worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment