I just want to take a moment to acknowledge that we are in the month of May in Indianapolis and how wonderful that is. Last year with the pandemic starting May was utter chaos. I was working from home exclusively and having impromptu meetings discussing what the next day would look like as we scrambled to figure out how to best operate. Everything was shut down, including the races. Everything seemed surreal. Out of the entire pandemic, the month of May in 2020 is what I remember the most.
Fast forward to May of 2021, now in the second week and it feels like a normal May. The weather is nice (albeit a bit chilly), we're going racing at IMS, and the general sense of chaos is gone. In fact, I'd say there is optimism in the air, as the Covid numbers have remained stable over the past few months and people who want to be vaccinated have been vaccinated. We're going to the Grand Prix and the 500, and may go to qualifying if weather is nice and we feel up to it. It's a refreshing change back to normalcy, which is most welcome given the events of 2020.

No comments:
Post a Comment