I bought the Switch back in 2017 exclusively to play Breath of the Wild (BotW). The game was also released on the older Wii U system, and I thought about buying it instead of the Switch because it had Twilight Princess HD, a Zelda game that is on my podium of favorite Zelda games, and The Wind Waker HD. I've never played The Wind Waker so I was interested in giving that game a play. Despite being an older system, the Wii U at the time cost as much as the Switch, and in some instances up to twice as much as a Switch. With that being said, I got the newer Switch, which turned out to be the right decision as I have played and enjoyed that system far more than I ever would've imagined.
Rumors of Switch ports of Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker have been around for years at this point. They gained some steam prior to this week's Nintendo Direct. The event came and left without an announcement of the games. I was a bit disappointed, but I didn't have my hopes too high. Plus, I have a pretty full game queue with all of the games from Playstation Plus. I would enjoy playing the games in HD, so hopefully they will get rereleased at some point.
The highlight of the event for me (and many others) was the announcement of Tears of the Kingdom, fka BotW 2. BotW is also on my Zelda podium, and is one of my favorite games of all time. Despite finishing the game in 2018, I still periodically play the game to find Korok seeds and experience Hyrule. I just recently found the final Shrine. It is exceedingly rare for me to revisit games like this after I finish the main story. It is a testimony to how much I like the game. Suffice it to say that I am really looking forward to Tears of the Kingdom. We also got a release date for the game - May, 2023. I will have the game preordered and downloaded so that I can play it as soon as possible.


No comments:
Post a Comment