I almost didn't watch the final season of Better Call Saul. It had been two years since the previous season and I didn't remember anything that had occurred previously. I read a season 5 recap and decided to watch the 6th and final season of the show, and I am glad that I made that decision. I honestly forgot just how good this show is. Everything about it, from the famous cold open scenes to the writing to the acting is top notch. The writing and acting is especially good. All of the main actors in this show are fantastic.
The series chronicles Jimmy McGill's transformation into Saul Goodman, a lawyer of questionable morals and con-artist. Saul contributed heavily to Walter White's rise in power in Breaking Bad. This included money laundering and other crimes. It has been nearly 10 years since Breaking Bad and I was admittedly a little fuzzy on the details. I had to read a summary of that show as well to remind myself of the details. I forgot how bad of a dude Walter White was.
While the first 5 and a half seasons chronicle Jimmy's transformation to Saul right up to the point of the Breaking Bad timeline, the final half of the last season focuses on what occurs after Breaking Bad and the fallout from everything surrounding Walter White. This part of the season was shot in black and white, a nice touch to separate the pre-Breaking Bad and prosperous times from the post-Breaking Bad times, where Saul was in hiding from the feds. Overall this show does a great job of making a slime ball lawyer likable, and at times relatable. It also puts together a story where, for the most part, we don't know what is going to happen next. This is a challenge in a prequel scenario, but Saul does well with this aspect. Overall the show was quite enjoyable. I'm glad I decided to watch the final season. I'm going to miss it a bit, honestly.

No comments:
Post a Comment