A few things have happened since Part 1 of this series which have ultimately taken me back to SimCity 4. I was playing Cities: Skylines on the weekends, without interfering with my traditional game playing times throughout the week. Essentially I was playing it as an add-on game to my already busy gaming schedule. Shortly after I began playing, Tears of the Kingdom (TotK) was released and basically took over any additional game playing time that I had. TotK is a once per decade game release for me, so there was no way I was going to delay playing that game. It essentially took place of playing Cities on the weekend.
The second thing that happened was that I got busy on the weekends with events and travel, leaving very little time to play any game on the weekend. I was also playing the game via Playstation Remote Play on my iPad, and it could be a bit cumbersome to connect the DualSense controller, not to mention the frame rate drops.
This isn't to say that I don't like the game, because that isn't true at all. The above mentioned circumstances drove me back to SimCity 4. I very much like Cities: Skylines, and would like to play it more. Because of Playstation Plus, I have a handful of games that I am interested in playing, but are not necessarily a sit down, main game where I would sit in the basement and play. Because of this, I have interest in the somewhat pricey and completely niche Playstation Portal when it releases this fall. If that device works well, and allows me to quickly and easily pick it up and play PS5 upstairs while sitting on the couch, I will likely buy one just to play games like Cities: Skylines. I should also mention that Cities: Skylines 2 is releasing this fall as well, and I have that on my radar too.
No comments:
Post a Comment