For the longest time I had no use for a nice set of headphones. However, as my TV consumption increased it became increasingly apparent that a nice set of headphones would be useful. I had been using a pair of entry level gaming headphones that my brother bought me. They are fine for gaming for me, but they are wired which was cumbersome to deal with when watching on an iPad and made it impossible to use them for watching shows on the TV. Once I figured out that I could connect a pair of headphones to the Apple TV via Bluetooth, I began looking for a nice wireless pair of headphones.
I started looking at gaming headphones first. I was hoping to get a pair that would work for both gaming and TV & music. I probably could have found a pair that would have worked for me. However, most of the wireless gaming headphones used a dongle to connect to the console, and I was concerned that I would have connectivity issues when trying to connect just via Bluetooth (which possibly is untrue) so I ditched the gaming headphone idea and just looked at regular headphones. Besides, I don't use my gaming headphones often and when I do the Turtle Beach pair that I have works fine for me.
After doing some research, it seemed like the $300-$400 price range is where most of the top rated wireless headphones sat, which is a lot. I picked out 3-5 different models within this price range, and settled on this set of Sony headphones. I would have likely been fine with any of the models, honestly. I like Sony as a brand, however, and I thought this pair was one of the better looking sets. It also was one of the higher rated headphones as well.
Since I have purchased them, I have used them to watch TV on both my iPad and Apple TV, as well as listen to music. This is the first pair of noise-cancelling headphones I have ever owned, and I must say the technology is pretty awesome. After connecting them to a device, you can literally hear the sound in the room switch off. If I want to hear what Sarah is saying, I just put a hand over the left ear cup. If I want to pause what is on TV, I simply take the headphones off my head. And not having to fumble with the connection wire is a major plus as well. The audio quality and connection controls are really awesome. This is by far the fanciest and most advanced pair of headphones I've ever owned.

No comments:
Post a Comment