The Guardians of the Galaxy movies are some of my favorite films and characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Needless to say I have been looking forward to watching this movie since it came out on Disney+. While there seems to be a plethora of mediocre MCU movies recently, Guardians 3 received decent reviews.
The movie focuses on Rocket's back story. Essentially he was the subject of a series of experiments to create the perfect race of people for a perfect civilization. He becomes injured, and in order to save him the Guardians must find his creator. This leads them on an adventure to a variety of mucous-filled weird worlds. They meet up with an alternate version of Gamora, who no longer remembers Peter or the rest of the Guardians due to the events of the Infiniti War.
With Rocket being injured, he spends almost the entire movie on life support, unable to speak. This is a major negative, in my opinion, as Rocket is one of the more entertaining members of the Guardians. And with Gamora having no memory of the Guardians, that means two of the core members are essentially absent from the movie. There's still plenty of banter and comedy, however, especially between Dax and Mantis, and even Nebula has several scenes that were amusing.
Rocket's back story is a sad one, and unfortunately involves animal cruelty and experimentation. This is also a bit of a downer. All of this is to say I kind of felt "meh" about this movie. I didn't dislike it, per se, but I also didn't love it. It's probably my least favorite movie of the 3 Guardians films, though a part of me thinks I need to watch it again to give it a fair chance. The typical banter between the members was my favorite part and at least made the movie somewhat of an enjoyable watch.

No comments:
Post a Comment