Saturday, June 21, 2025

New Computer 2025: Part 4 - A New Gaming Chair

 



The final part of my 2025 computer transformation was to get a new chair. I figured that since I was getting a new monitor and completely changing the look of my desk and office, it made sense to get a new chair as well. I had been using a cheap chair we bought from Ikea, and honestly for the price it was a pretty good chair. But it certainly wasn't fancy, and it was white so over time it started to show some wear and tear. I really wanted a Recaro racing chair. I really like racing and I think the chairs look really cool. Unfortunately, the only way I could find to buy one was to go to a dealer, and the closest dealer I could find is a couple of hours away in Chicago. I wasn't willing to make that trip, so I decided to look at other options.

It didn't take much research to stumble upon Secretlab chairs. They were consistently listed as one of the better gaming chairs. I did come across a couple of other chairs that looked comfortable, but they looked like they belonged in a board room for a meeting. I decided to go with a Secretlab chair because of the reviews and because of the style. They had a ton of customization options. I honestly could have selected 10 different chairs and been happy. In the end, I decided to go with the Lamborghini chair shown above. Since I couldn't get a Recaro racing chair, I figured this was the next best option. Plus, I really like the green on grey color pattern, and the chair is made of a suede fabric which is nice. It is comfortable to sit in (it reclines very far), and just as important, it looks super cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment