Thursday, August 20, 2026

Red Dead Redemption (Second Post)

 



I decided to play through Red Dead Redemption again since it was re-released for the PS5 last year and was available on Playstation Plus. This is the first time I have played the game since it came out on PS3 in 2010. I remember enjoying the game, but I also remembering it being a bit buggy, to the point of locking up the PS3, which is an unusual situation for a console game. The PS5 version of this game looks and plays fantastic. There were no lock-ups or technical issues. This game is nearly perfect. The environment and gameplay are fantastic. The only slight negative I would give this game is that the gameplay, at times, is a bit repetitive. But that is being nit-picky, because despite this, the gameplay is so darn fun that it is very easy to look past this slight negative. The story is intriguing as are the characters you meet along the way. John Marston is a likable and memorable video game character. He's probably one of my favorite video game protagonists. I didn't particularly like how the government killed him at the end of the game, despite doing everything they ridiculously demanded. Killing agent Ross as John's son to end the game, however, was super satisfying. I want to acknowledge the soundtrack as well, which is supercool. Again, I really can't say enough good things about this game. It does everything very well and was quite enjoyable to play through again.

No comments:

Post a Comment