Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hot In Herre

It is hot outside, ladies and gentlemen. So hot that this might be my last year with the Grand Prix. When I was on rotations I didn't seem to do as much driving as I am now with my residency. Currently I am spending between 25 and 45 minutes one way in my car, depending on where exactly I am going and what time of day I am driving. Plus I seem to be driving more in the daytime now instead of early morning and late evening. Also it is one thing to drive around in a T shirt and shorts, but quite another to drive around wearing long dress pants, a dress shirt, and a tie. I literally had to change all of my clothes this afternoon when I got home from work as they were soaking with sweat.

The last time I paid to have my A/C fixed in the Grand Prix it only worked for a few months before it was pushing out hot air again. Next year when I can start moonlighting I might pick up another job so I can more easily afford some type of newer car with air conditioning. I think I am to the point now where I am simply spending too much time in my car not to have a working A/C.

5 comments:

  1. The A/C on the M-Squared crapped out on me one summer in college. That was not fun, and I wasn't even spending that much time in the car. Just be glad that once you get to work, it's climate controlled. Once I'm at work, it's like being in an oven for hours on end, only worse, because at least an oven would be minus the humidity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure where I work isn't anywhere near as bad as the plant, but the Speedway Clinic is too warm for comfort and I spend Thursdays at nursing homes (which is pretty terrible by the way) and I am pretty convinced those places don't have any A/C either. One of the ones I was at today had a regular oscillating fan somehow attached to the wall to blow some air. I was thinking of stealing it and mounting it on my dashboard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a fan like that in my Volkswagon. Maybe we can get you one for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you really? Any pictures? That would be a funny gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was about 29 years ago. I don't know where any pictures would be.

    ReplyDelete