It is amazing to me how Anna gets opportunities like this. Since retiring from the WTA tour in 2003 you rarely hear about her. She plays World Team Tennis exhibition matches in the summer and usually several charity tennis matches throughout the year. In fact, anytime you do hear about her it is usually because of her involvement with some charity or her work with the Boys and Girls Club of America. She seems to be quite a philanthropist and uses her fame and money to help other people. Unlike many other celebrities in her position, you never hear anything scandalous or bad about her. Despite this she still seems to have somewhat of a bad reputation. It will be interesting to see how her involvement as a full time host will go. From what I can tell, The Biggest Loser is a pretty major TV show. For the first time that I can think of, Anna will be taken away from the pages of Sports Illustrated and Maxim and placed in the living rooms of mainstream America. I hope people aren't too quick to judge and give her a chance on the show. I think she'll do well. She is obviously a work-out buff and still stays in great shape despite no longer being on the tour (see below).
In more Anna news, today is her birthday. She turns 30 years old today, which is pretty hard to believe. I remember when she was a teenager and an upcoming star in the tennis ranks along with Martina Hingis and the Williams sisters. It's amazing how time flies.
The Biggest Loser is somewhat job related. I haven't watched the show either but might with Anna being a trainer. With your current rotation, you should have patients that lose 5-10 lbs real fast.
ReplyDeleteWe had one baby that weighed over 11 pounds. He looked like a small man when he came out. That's the biggest baby delivery I've ever been a part of.
ReplyDeleteWere you careful when you slapped him to get him to breath? He might have hit you back.
ReplyDeleteShould have wished Anna a happy birthday. Happy Belated birthday, Anna. (When does Anna start hosting Biggest Loser?)