
Rick's Cafe Boatyard
Location: 38th street, on Eagle Creek Reservoir on west side
Price: $$$ - $$$$
Rating: 4 Cheeseburgers
It's been a while since I've done a restaurant review and Sarah and I went to Rick's last weekend so I figured it would be a good place to discuss. Rick's is located at 38th street (and apparently in Omaha as well...) on Eagle Creek Reservoir on the west side. It's kind of a multi-purpose restaurant with sandwiches, pasta, and steaks, but mostly specializes in seafood. I have been to Rick's on several occasions and the food is consistently good. It is a bit pricey for the quality, however. For dinner it is more expensive to eat here than say Outback, and even though the food is good I don't think it is necessarily as good as Outback. I think it's fair to say that the food is a bit overpriced. I'd say skip out on getting the expensive steaks and stick to simpler items like sandwiches. If you really want a good steak I'd spend the $30 at one of the numerous finer steakhouses in Indy. You will be much more satisfied.
The best reason to go to Rick's is the atmosphere. It sits on the banks of the Eagle Creek Reservoir, which honestly is like a large pond. However, being in central Indiana this is about as good as we can do in terms of bodies of water to enjoy. You can dine inside but there is a large deck outside adjacent to the water complete with a bar in the middle and a fun, laid back atmosphere. Live music is frequently played too. Sitting on the deck during a nice warm day or evening when there is a slight breeze feels like being on vacation, and not too many restaurants can say that.
I really think the food, especially the dinner entrees are a bit overpriced. However stick with sandwiches and more affordable items and go on a nice day when you can sit outside. The atmosphere is second-to-none in Indy. I'd definitely recommend Rick's Cafe Boatyard.
No comments:
Post a Comment