Monday, February 6, 2012

Super City Part 2

I went down to the Super Bowl village twice, once on Thursday with Sarah and once on Saturday with Craig. Let me first say that it is amazing to me how much fanfare goes into celebrating one game. I think it's safe to say that this event has more to do with celebrities and entertainment than an actual football game. The whole thing is a little over the top. With that being said, from what I could tell and from pretty much everything I read Indianapolis did a great job of hosting. Things were well organized, there was lots to do and see, and it was interesting to witness the hoopla in person. The wonderful weather we had here all week didn't hurt either.

Saturday was a bit of a different story. I've never seen downtown Indy so crowded. It looked like Times Square on New Year's eve. It was a bit much for me, honestly. We only stayed down there for a few hours before we bailed to a less crowded vicinity.

Overall I think the event went over well and for a few days the international spotlight was on Indianapolis for a good reason. I think our city looked really good on the big stage. It was neat to see and probably a once in a lifetime event for me unless the game returns in the future. A few pictures are posted on Sarah's site.

1 comment: