Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Return To Normalcy

The older I get, the more I enjoy the Olympics, especially the summer Olympics.  They provide a lot of drama and you really feel for the athletes as they fight for gold on their sports biggest stage.  The fact that they only happen once every four years adds to the excitement.  Sarah and I have watched a lot of coverage the past two weeks, which basically lasts from after dinner to midnight.  While I've enjoyed these games a lot, I am ready for them to be over so I can return to my normal routine.  Below are my favorite moments from the London games.

  • Michael Phelps becomes the most decorated Olympian of all time.  If I were to name the most dominant athletes that I have watched in my lifetime, Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, and Phelps are the first three that come to mind.
  • While we are on the topic of swimming, Missy Franklin's gold debut was spectacular.
  • Gabby Douglas winning the individual gold, putting her in a select group of elite US Gymnasts.
  • Walsh and May winning the beach volleyball gold.  They were both amazing, but May has the incredible ability to be at the right place at the right time.  Her digs were amazing.  Walsh says she wants to return in 2016 and that is something I'd love to see.
  • Usain Bolt is a beast.  Enough said.
  • David Boudia's stunning gold in diving.
  • US Women's soccer winning gold against Japan, the team that beat them in the World Cup.  I'll cheer for this despite the controversy.









No comments:

Post a Comment