Schools have started around the city and for the past couple of weeks we have been getting the typical "The school says he/she needs shots before they can start." routine. What gets me about this is that I am sure they are notified earlier than 12 hours before school starts, and yet they wait until the day before school starts and call and expect us to drop everything we are doing to fit their kid in last minute. We can usually do it but some of the parents are kind of pushy about it, which can be annoying. How about some planning?
Sarah and I were in Cincinnati this past week for the Western & Southern Open. We saw some good tennis, and most of the big stars were there, except I missed Maria and Maria (see below). I took a pretty cool picture of the stadium with a colorful sky in the background, which I posted below. I have a wicked raccoon-like sunburn on my face from my sunglasses, and I think the sun got to me a bit because Thursday morning I put my shoes on before my pants! We enjoyed the tennis and got to see Sarah's uncle and cousin which was fun too.
Maria Sharapova:
Maria Kirilenko:


I missed Sharapova because she pulled out of the tournament due to injury. I missed Kirilenko because she got beat in the first round.
ReplyDeleteHe's not kidding about the pants thing - I have a photo, lol!
ReplyDeletePlease don't post the photo. In the category of TMI (stay out of the sun). To bad about the Marias.
ReplyDeleteJoe
@Joseph: Thanks for your concern about the Marias. In my Olympic summary post, I said that Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, and Michael Phelps were the most dominant athletes I have ever seen perform. I would like to add Roger Federer to that list. He absolutely steam-rolled through that tennis tourney in Cincy.
ReplyDelete