Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Is 7 Too Young to Diet?
A month or so ago a mother was heavily criticized in multiple national media outlets after she admitted to putting her young daughter on a diet. Then today I came across this story on Yahoo!. On the surface this sounds superficial and crazy. But I've seen kids in their low teens who weigh more than I do, and I've seen kids in their upper teens who weigh 500 or more pounds. There are a lot of kids out there that are just simply fat and the consequences go way beyond being made fun of on the playground. If the kid is way out of his/her weight range for age, then yes, they probably should be placed on a diet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I Wonder about an 8th grader at about 160-165 lbs? I stilled weighed the same 160-165 lbs at graduation.
ReplyDeleteJoe
Yeah once you start to get into junior high and puberty your weight obviously shoots up and that is a different story. I'm talking about 10 year olds who weigh 180...that's absurd.
Delete