Thursday, October 3, 2013
Communist Medicine
I recently got my flu vaccine for the year. I had to sign a waiver saying that I agreed to get the flu shot. Not that it really mattered if I signed the form. If I refuse to get the shot I would likely lose my job. Other healthcare workers who have refused the flu shot have been fired. While I am not against the flu shot in general, I will say that I am against forcing people to receive it. To my knowledge there is minimal (or no) evidence that mass immunizing a healthcare population reduces spread of the flu. That alone is enough for me to question the requirement. I won't even begin to get into the ethical principles of forcing people to inject substances into their bodies that they don't want.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reminds me that I should probably go get mine. I need my A1C also.
ReplyDelete