I've got a few small house projects going on right now, one of which (the broken window in a prior post) has been delayed a few times. It was initially delayed because I couldn't find replacement material for the window. I think I've found the replacement material now but it has been delayed again due to the weather as I haven't been too excited about standing up on a ladder outside with several inches of snow on the ground. My job has always delayed home projects, especially outdoors projects. This weekend I was able to get salt for our water softener and get that up and going again. I also attached our carbon monoxide detector to the wall and finished painting a few dark spots we had on our ceiling from the shower leak. And I shoveled the driveway so that we could easily get our vehicles in and out of our garage. Between those chores and all of the sports this weekend I stayed pretty busy.
The girls are still in their eat, poop and sleep phase. That is mostly what they do. I will say that they seem to be settling into a routine and I think they are getting used to being here at home. I will say that we as parents are getting into our routine and getting used to them being here as well. As far as at-home tasks go (either chores/projects or fun activities), I've found that I can pretty much still do everything I used to be able to do. The big difference is that I might have to wait until the girls are fed or I may get interrupted to help them out. Their eat, poop and sleep routine takes about three hours and then the process is repeated. The eat and poop phases take between 30-60 minutes, leaving the other 2-2.5 hours for us to get what we need or want to get done. So I can still do projects and watch sports, I just have to schedule my activities around their eat, poop and sleep routine. After living like this for a month I have pretty much become used to the routine as my new life and things seem to be going pretty well at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment