Sunday, September 28, 2014

A Link To The Past

Last week I came across a link on IGN where they ranked their top 125 Nintendo games of all time.  The list brought back all kinds of memories from old Nintendo games, from Mario to Zelda to Excitebike and Punch-Out!.  I became so nostalgic, in fact, I downloaded an SNES emulator for my computer so that I can play some SNES games (I have most of these games on the Wii too, but it is in storage.).  My first order of business was to download A Link to the Past, one of my all time favorite games from 1992.  The music alone (see below) is enough to get me excited. 

Interestingly enough, this weekend was my birthday and Sarah got me the Zelda version of Monopoly as well as this really cool map of the Chicago transit system with Zelda logos and theme to hang in my man cave (see below).  The title of the game is really appropriate as it does provide a link to my past, growing up and playing video games.  I don't play them too often anymore but it is always fun to go back periodically and remind myself of how much I enjoyed certain games when I was younger.  Thanks to all for the birthday wishes, especially Auntie.




1 comment: