Another Indycar season is in the books, and although the season ending race in Fontana was pretty anti-climatic, the season overall was quite competitive. They set a record this year for having the highest number of different winners. The series is more balanced and competitive across the whole field that I can remember it being in years past. The quality of the racing has improved steadily over the past few years too. I just wasn't very happy with the final outcome. I'm not a huge Will Power fan, especially after all the shenanigans surrounding him and Scott Dixon during last year's championship.
The US Open is becoming less interesting to me by the day. On the men's side, Federer is still in it so I'll be watching his matches. On the women's side, Kirilenko is out. Sharapova is out. Ivanovic is out. Halep is out. Most of the big names are out except for Serena, but honestly I'm not a huge fan. I'm thinking of adopting Bouchard as my new favorite player but I'm still on the fence on her as I've only seen her play a few times. Also, what is the deal with the ball "boys" at the US Open? They are grown men. What is the deal with that?
Labor day marks the end of summer and the beginning of autumn, probably my favorite season. Here's to cooler weather (although we had a fantastic summer this year) and football!


Well, so much for rooting for Bouchard. She got beat about an hour after this post published. Sarah reminded me that Wozniacki is still playing so I guess I'll root for her on the women's side. I'm mostly uninterested, however. Most of my attention will be on the men's draw and Federer.
ReplyDelete