Welcome to 2015! I worked a half day yesterday so I decided to pick up some wings on my way home. Generally after I get off work I proceed directly home to avoid fighting with all of the traffic. I got 10 boneless wings and some fried pickles which were fantastic. However I knew before I even started eating them that I would pay for it for the rest of the day. Over the past 1-2 years anytime I eat wings or pizza or similar type foods I have a predictable and unpleasant response to the food. It mostly involves feelings of being bloated, belching, and generally feeling disgusting, i.e. dyspepsia. I used to be able to hammer down food like this and not think twice. Not anymore, however. The symptoms extended into the evening. I tried to have a few beers to celebrate the New Year but I couldn't even stomach that. I developed a headache around 10:30 and ended up in bed at 11. What a pathetic performance on my part. I talked to a few of my friends this morning. Both of them made it past midnight, though one of them was already in bed when the ball dropped and promptly fell asleep he said. Obviously everyone is aging every second of the day, but the fact that I am showing physical signs of aging can be somewhat depressing if I really think about it. But honestly, who has time to dwell? I woke up this morning feeling great, helped take care of my kids, and moved on with life.
Overall 2014 was a great year and I expect 2015 to be great as well. I hope everyone enjoys their holiday weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment