Thursday, January 29, 2015

Ghostbusters 3...Why?

Ghostbusters is among my favorite memories as a child.  I loved the movies.  I loved the theme song.  I had all of the action figures and toys and would play with them while jamming to the theme song on cassette tape.  In fact, my parents still have most of the toys stored in the attic at their house.  I know they've been trying to resurrect the movie franchise for some time now, but with its stars growing older and Harold Ramis' unfortunate passing last year, I figured that project was finished.  I was wrong, apparently, as news surfaced this week of the Ghostbusters 3 movie with an all female cast.  Why would they do that?  It was risky business to begin with making a sequel (to a sequel), but now making one with a completely different cast, and one that is all female and thus nothing like the original, just sounds awful.  Why smash my childhood memories like that?  I'm honestly just going to pretend that this movie doesn't exist, which is basically what I do with 99% of other movies anyway.

On a side note, I no longer have broadband internet available at my house per definition.  Not because I don't pay for it, but because it isn't an option.  Nice to know that a suburb of a major American city is keeping up with the times.  Maybe this new definition will result in an upgrade soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment