This story is over a decade old at this point, but I still hate class basketball. The reason I bring it up now is because one of our rivals from high school made it to the state finals this year, and apparently because of their recent success in the class tournament they are being moved up to the next highest class next year. I believe this is a new(er) rule as I've never heard of this until this past week. Apparently the rationale is that since they have had such success in their current class they should be moved up to the next class so they can face better competition next year. This makes sense on the surface, but the problem that I have with this rule is that we already had a system in place where a team would face increasingly better competition with each round of the tournament. It was called a one class system. The only reason why this "issue" even exists is because people went and screwed with something that was perfect as it was. What's really sad is that I am one of the youngest generations of people who even remember the one class tournament. Pretty much everyone younger than me grew up with the multi-class system and don't even know they should question it because it is all they've ever known. I still think it sucks. I won't miss any sleep over it, however. I haven't paid any attention to high school basketball since I graduated from high school.
The Indycar season kicked off today with a mostly uneventful race in St. Petersburg, FL. The early story for me has to be the question of can anyone challenge Penske this year? Kanaan managed a podium, but otherwise the Penske team dominated this weekend. I think it will be an ongoing struggle throughout the season, much like the field versus Mercedes in F1. Glad to see Ferrari take the fight to them this weekend in Malaysia for the win. That should spice things up a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment