Sarah and Auntie spent the past few weeks doing research and planning our front landscaping over-haul. Auntie and Mr. Auntie then came down and helped us pick out materials and get started on the project. Sarah and I worked on it again for several hours this afternoon, moving dirt and planting plants, etc. Things are definitely improving and going in the right direction. We got a lawn service to help mow for the first couple of months of the mowing season, and while I was on the fence regarding this, it does allow me to spend some of the time I have helping with other yard projects instead of just mowing. I guess I didn't realize the landscaping would take quite this long. I thought we could spend a day buying then planting plants and things would be finished. Instead, this is a project that is likely going to be ever evolving, and will take at least a few seasons to grow to fill our space. Something else I've learned is that you can take parts of a plant and plant them elsewhere so that you can have plants growing in multiple places without having to buy new plants all of the time, which is nice. I'm obviously a novice at this, but much like the yard (which looks much nicer this year compared to last) I learn a little bit with each passing season.
With each home project that we complete, we seem to add another project to the list, typically one that is more ambitious (and more expensive). I guess this is part of owning a home. The longer we live here the more confidence I have in regards to doing any project. I bought a saw today. You never know when you might need to cut something.
No comments:
Post a Comment