I wasn't against hiring the lawn service but I wasn't necessarily for it either. I guess it is something I probably would've done at some point in the future, just not right now. Sarah was pretty for it, though, mostly so that I can spend time with the girls and helping with other projects. With that being said we went ahead and hired them for the first half of the mowing season. I must say that having them to help worked out quite well the past few weeks. Two weeks ago I spent all Thursday afternoon helping Sarah work on landscaping projects and watching the kids. I ordinarily would have used that time to mow the lawn. Then this past week I got home late from a work trip to Wisconsin on Wednesday night. I worked Thursday morning and was beat that afternoon. Ordinarily I would have had to use that time to mow as it was supposed to rain this weekend (which it is), but instead I was able to sit and rest while the lawn service came by to mow. So thus far that decision has worked out well for me.
Switching gears, I've made my disdain of ESPN readily apparent in the past. Most of the sports channels on my satellite are adjacent to each other, creating a collection of multiple channels from ESPN, most of the major broadcast networks, and most of the major individual leagues. Generally speaking I find all of this unnecessary, an over-saturation of sports news channels when quite frankly a majority of the time there just isn't that much to talk about. However, what I've found over the past few weekends is that I am now able to by-pass ESPN completely to get my sports news.
I tried Fox Sports 1 and found those guys to be annoying so that option was out as well. However, I've started watching sports-specific shows. I pick up baseball news from MLB Network's Quick Pitch, then switch over to NBA Network and the NHL Network for news on basketball and hockey, respectively. I do, however, watch PTI quite a bit as I am a fan of Kornheiser and Wilbon, but otherwise I am now pretty much able to avoid ESPN totally.
No comments:
Post a Comment