Historically I've never understood Twitter. I created an account a year or so after the service became popular to check out what all of the fuss was about. I didn't really understand the appeal and I have since essentially let the account collect dust. This changed once I upgraded my phone to the new 6s. Because of the larger screen I tend to consume much more internet content with the device than compared with my older cell phone. I started out using the new Apple News app but found it to be inconsistent with the types of news stories it showed, despite countless attempts to fine tune the news feed. I really enjoyed the stories from Wired so I decided to try to use Twitter to follow their stories instead of Apple News.
In the weeks that followed, I went from following 3 people to nearly 30 (interestingly enough I've dropped Wired - too many re-tweets). I've made checking my Twitter news feed a part of my daily routine. I use it as one of my main sources of news, sports, and technology information, as well as a way to keep up with Sara Underwood. For the first time, now several years after everyone else in the developed world, I get the appeal of Twitter. Just don't expect me to try to explain Instagram or Snapchat. I have no idea why I would ever need to use those services.

No comments:
Post a Comment