I was thinking I already had a post discussing my annoyance with the time change but I didn't see one when I went through my archives. I find the whole time change thing super annoying, especially the spring forward. Growing up in Indiana we never had any time changes until somewhat recently. We did just fine staying on the same time all year long. Then for some unexplainable reason we adopted it in 2006. The most common reason I hear for this is that it helps businesses. Regardless of the reasons given (or is it farmers? Does it help farmers?), it's difficult to understand how daylight savings time helps anyone because nothing actually changes. The amount of daylight in the day stays the exact same. The only thing that changes is when we document the daylight. Subsequently, we get one less hour of sleep (thanks!) and have to change every clock we own in the house. It seems to amount to annoyance more than anything useful. I think Last Week Tonight said it best - how is this still a thing?
No comments:
Post a Comment