Wednesday, October 7, 2020

MLB.TV



Way back in 2015 I wrote about my struggles with streaming TV.  As previously discussed, so much has changed in that arena in the past 5 years.  I wanted to take a brief moment to mention MLB.TV, which has also changed a lot since we used last in 2015.  With the switch from Dish Network to YouTube TV, we no longer had access to MLB Extra Innings and so we had to start using MLB.TV.  The experience this time around was much better.

With Extra Innings, we had a guide of games with no additional information.  When using MLB.TV, it shows us all games, the score of the game, the inning, etc. to help monitor close games for viewing.  If something exciting is about to happen, like a no-hitter, we receive a notification to switch games.  You can watch two games simultaneously.  You have easy access to standings within the app.  We experienced minimal-to-no buffering issues.  The overall experience was great.  Not only better than our 2015 experience, but better than our Extra Innings experience with Dish.  The only small complaint is that sometimes it takes a bit of time to load the game from the game selection screen, but honestly that could be an Apple TV issue.  It didn't do it at the beginning of the season, but became an issue as the season ended.  Overall a great app and great experience for watching baseball. I would recommend it over Extra Innings, even if your carrier has Extra Innings.  I think it's cheaper too.

No comments:

Post a Comment