After watching Long Way Round many years ago (and maybe, maybe Long Way Down?), I was excited to watch Ewan and Charlie's latest adventure on Long Way Up. Other than remember enjoying Long Way Round, I don't remember many of the specifics beyond how difficult Siberia was to traverse. After seeing that their new trip was announced for Apple TV+, I was excited to watch their newest adventure and it was quite entertaining.
The two of them and their crew (many of which have returned from their previous adventures) journey from the southern tip of Argentina all the way to Los Angeles. Throwing a curve ball into this adventure, the guys decided to ride electric motorcycles on this trip, which was a great idea and threw extra logistical challenges into the trip. What was really neat was that they were riding Harley Davidson prototype electric motorcycles and the crew drove Rivian prototype trucks that are just now starting to appear in the headlines as coming to market. Initially the motorcycles struggled with holding charge in the cold weather and they struggled finding locations to charge the bikes. But as they traveled more north and the temperatures warmed, the logistical challenges of using electric vehicles eased.
Per usual, they saw some fantastic sites and mingled with the locals. They traveled through some dangerous areas in Columbia and Mexico. At times I felt like they rushed through certain areas, mostly in central America and Mexico. It felt like the series could be 2-3 episodes longer, but overall it was an entertaining show. When watching a show like this, part of me thinks it would be really cool to have a similar adventure to see the world and travel. But honestly, I would probably make it to the first tough time on the trip and bow out. I give them props for sticking through with the plan. Long Way Round and Down are available on Apple TV+ and we decided to watch both of them. We're almost finished with Long Way Round and I'd say it is probably better just because it felt like more of an adventure. But Long Way Up is definitely worth the watch.

No comments:
Post a Comment