Saturday, October 2, 2021

It's Elvira Season!

 


It's the first weekend of October, which means we are well into my favorite season of the year - Autumn. I love it when the weather cools a bit and you get to wear fleece jackets and vests and sweatshirts. College football is up and running and baseball playoffs are starting. Oktoberfest beer is my favorite seasonal beer. I enjoy apple cider. My kids love Halloween. Generally speaking, it is a nice transition between the hot and dry dog days of summer and the cold and dark winter. And then there is Elvira, the incredibly tacky yet entertaining 80s movie that Sarah and I both enjoy. Overall it is just a fun time of year that I like more and more as I age. My birthday is at the end of September and my kids threw me a surprise Star Wars birthday party, which is fun. Welcome Autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment