This movie got mediocre reviews, but I really enjoyed the game series (especially Uncharted 2) and I like Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg, so I decided to give it a go. After watching the movie, I thought it was decent but I understand the mediocre reviews. I'm not sure when this movie is set in the Uncharted timeline, but both Nathan and Sully seem to young. I think it is early in Nathan's exploring career, but still, compared to the games, they both seem too young. The movie has to tell a complicated plot in a short amount of time, so I feel like the story is rushed a bit. I prefer this over a 3 hour movie, but better story telling could probably occur in a series of movies. Overall I thought the movie was OK, but definitely enjoyed it more because of my familiarity with the game series. I think if I were to watch the movie and not be familiar with the games, I would have liked it less.

No comments:
Post a Comment