Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Gran Turismo 7 - The Gift That Keeps On Giving

 


I've been hacking away at this game since it was released in March. I have had two main objectives: (1) Finish all of the events with at least a bronze trophy, and (2) complete time trials with all of the cool cars on the game. I have come pretty close to achieving objective number one. There are a few races and a few missions left where I have not completed my goal. The ones remaining have proven to be challenging, and there is a decent chance I won't complete most of them unless I dedicate a lot of extra time. Furthermore, most of the races remaining I am so slow and non-competitive, I honestly don't know if I can get the bronze trophy. We shall see, as I plan to challenge at least a few of them again.

For objective 2, I am nearing the end of cool cars to race in my time trials, sort of. The new cars are divided into North America, Europe, and Asia sections. I've finished the new cars that I want to race for the time trials in the North American and European sections, meaning I've only got Asia left. There is the used car market as well, and I plan on looking at it periodically for "new" cars to race. But the list seems to be dwindling.

Currently I play Gran Turismo every Sunday evening, with periodic check-ins throughout the week. With my objectives nearing the end (especially objective #1), I have been thinking about scaling back on play time, only playing periodically when I come across a good used car for my time trial. However, just when I start to feel this way, the game releases one of its monthly updates. This typically involves new cars, new races, a new track, or some combination of the three. Last month we got Road Atlanta, with three new races. This month we got the C8 Corvette (see above, and finally!), along with new races. Every month I have new objectives for #1 or #2, or sometimes both. About the time I start feeling like I can scale back on the game, an update arrives fresh with new objectives. This month I was greeted by Christmas music on the main menu. These updates really are great, and keep the game fresh and keep me coming back for more. Otherwise I probably would've had the game take a back seat to other games a while ago.




No comments:

Post a Comment