I would never claim to have run a marathon. I've certainly never attempted one in person, and I have never run anywhere near a marathon distance at one time on a treadmill. However, I have virtually ran the Boston and London marathons on iFit. It's really cool to be able to run these marathons virtually, as it is something I doubt I will ever do in person. To get to experience the route and the energy around the marathon is neat. The program breaks up the marathon in stages, typically around 5 miles per stage. I usually do 1-2 stages per week, so it takes me a few weeks to finish the marathon. Even at this pace, however, it feels like an accomplishment to finish the course. I'm planning on doing the Chicago marathon next, and then I'll have finished 3 of the 6 major worldwide marathons (Berlin, New York, and Tokyo being the other three).

No comments:
Post a Comment