I recently finished the Chicago Marathon virtually. That makes three marathons in the past year, the other two being the London Marathon and the Boston Marathon. I don't run the entire marathon in one session, and would never say that I've run a full marathon. Instead, they are broken up into 5-6 sessions that are 4-5 miles per session. Each session takes me about an hour to complete, so I run at a relatively light steady pace. Regardless, I think it is pretty neat to be able to say that I experienced the course and scenery that the marathon has to offer.
Out of the three marathons, I prefer the Chicago and London Marathons over the Boston Marathon. The entire course in those marathons is in the city, whereas the Boston Marathon starts beyond the suburbs and slowly makes its way into the city. Also, the Chicago and London Marathons are flat, whereas the Boston Marathon has some hills so is a bit tougher. I will say, of the three marathons, the Boston Marathon has the loudest and most enthusiastic fans, which is cool.

No comments:
Post a Comment