The 2023 edition of the magazine was better than previous recent editions. This year's version seemed to try less hard to be everything to everyone, and instead focused more on what it does best, which is swimsuit photos. Below are my highlights from this years magazine.
Celebrities appearing in the swimsuit issue have been hit or miss for me. Some of the photosets have been good, while others have seemed a bit forced. This is an example of a good celebrity shoot. I've hear of Padma Lakshmi, but don't know anything about her. I vaguely remember her as being a host of a cooking show on TV, and after doing a quick Wiki search on found that to be true. At 53 years old, her pictures in the issue really stood out.
I don't have much to say about Christen Harper except that she has become my current favorite model from the issue. Marissa Miller is not walking through that door, to quite Rick Pitino. Instead, we now have Christen Harper.
This year was Katie Austin's third appearance in the issue. Her first two appearances didn't really stick out to me, but this year's appearance was different. Every picture from this year's edition was good. Apparently she is a fitness guru or influencer of some sort. I've only heard of her because of this magazine, but somewhat randomly I am familiar with her mom. I still remember seeing her mom's workout videos on VHS at Wal-Mart from back in the day.
Of course, everyone's favorite NIL athlete Olivia Dunne was in this year's issue. Featuring Olivia was Captain Obvious' number one pick in terms of which athlete to include in the issue. Almost all of her pictures were quite good, however. Despite being in this year's issue, I've read that she will be categorized as a "rookie" for next year's issue. Makes no sense, but I guess that means she will be featured next year as well.




No comments:
Post a Comment