Thursday, December 11, 2025

Clarkson's Farm (Season 4)

 



I've enjoyed watching Clarkson's Farm. When I initially started watching season 1, I thought the show was going to be a bit staged. I quickly learned that this wasn't the case, however. The show highlights the struggles of the everyday British farmer - the red tape, politics, weather, etc. - while highlighting the buffoonery of Jeremy Clarkson, which is always amusing. Despite such buffoonery, he genuinely seems to care about the farm and its success. I've come to enjoy the cast of characters on the show over the years as well. Kaleb, Cheerful Charlie, Gerald, etc. are always entertaining as well. Since Kaleb has become famous for being on the TV show, he was briefly replaced by a new farmhand named Harriet, who fit in nicely as well. Season 4 is mostly the same as the previous seasons. The big differences are the brief appearances from Harriet when Kaleb was gone, and this year Jeremy decided to open a pub. A lot of the season takes a break from the farm work to focus on the work needed to find a pub location and subsequently get it ready to open. This seems like an incredible amount of work, with a lot of opportunity to fail and much less opportunity to succeed. By the final episode of the season, however, they have the pub up and running, though it got off to a rocky start. It's interesting to me that a man his age would want to do all of this. If I were his age and with his wealth, I would most definitely not be working on a farm and opening my own restaurant and pub. His efforts benefit our entertainment, however, and overall the show has been enjoyable. As long as they keep coming out with seasons, I'll plan to continue to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment